General Instructions for Learning Activities
- Review the grading rubric before submission
- Read/watch all assigned materials listed for the week in the Course Content
- Cite to assigned materials in all responses in Learning Activities
- Use only assigned materials to complete Learning Activities; do not use the internet unless otherwise instructed
- Include in-text citations and a Reference List for in-text citations
- Do not use any direct quotations
- Write in correct, complete sentences, in paragraph format unless otherwise instructed
- Submit Learning Activities to Assignment Folder
Tips for Formatting and Structuring Analysis:
- Write in complete sentences in paragraph format.
- Use in-text citations citing to relevant assignment materials.
- Label parts as appropriate.
- Double-space; 12-point Arial or Times Roman font.
- Introductory Sentence: Begin with an introductory sentence or very brief paragraph that states your conclusion to the questions asked.
- Concluding Sentence: End the discussion with a concluding sentence or a very brief paragraph that summarizes your conclusion/what you discussed.
- Support Arguments and Positions: Please refer to the module in Content, “How to Support Arguments and Positions”.
Learning Activity: due 11:59 pm ET, Saturday
Background Facts You Need To Know: The Clean-N-Shine (“Clean’) owners recognize the importance of effective recruitment and hiring. They feel competent about recruiting and hiring new Clean management but want to hire an expert to recruit and hire employees to develop and manage their website, internal computer systems, and IT support.
They agree to hire a recognized expert in this area, George Tacy, to act as Clean’s agent in hiring website/computer/IT employees. The owners want to give full authority to Tacy to direct every aspect of recruitment and hiring of these employees, from the initial recruitment of applicants to the final hiring process.
Clean owners want to ensure that their agreement with Tacy will be valid and include all important terms. They have requested a meeting with TLG to discuss agency agreements.
Winnie and Ralph have asked you to join the meeting and respond to some of the Clean owners’ questions about agency law.
Winnie and Ralph direct you to draft responses to several questions for the Clean owners’ meeting.
1. Analyze and explain the rights of Clean under the agency agreement with Tacy.
2. Analyze and explain two specific duties Tacy must perform under the agency agreement with Clean.
3. Analyze and explain two potential liabilities Clean could face under the agency agreement with Tacy.