Week Three is the time when you put your knowledge into action! This week you will learn and discover how ethics comes to life, in a variety of contexts, through ethical decision-making in larger ethical frameworks like those of a company or even our government.
- Continue on to your Unit 3 Learning Path in Intellipath (located in the Assignments List). You will be introduced to key concepts that we will build on in Unit 4:
- Social Contract
- Categorical Imperative
- Ethical Decision-making
- Do you have any questions? Remember that your instructors are available to answer any questions you have about the assignments in PHIL101. So, donâ€™t hesitate to reach out to him/her via email or CTU Messenger!
Primary Discussion Response is due by Friday (11:59:59pm Central), Peer Responses are due by Tuesday (11:59:59pm Central).Primary Discussion Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 300-500 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. Be substantive and clear, and use examples from videos to reinforce your ideas.Choose one of the following TED talks to review and discuss below:
- Rachel Hutchisson: The Era of Corporate Social Responsibility is Ending
- Sahil Sethi: Can .7% of corporate profits fund the worldâ€™s biggest problems?
Using the video you watched, answer the following questions:
- Does a business within a community have a responsibility to contribute to the overall health of that community? Why or why not?
- What responsibility do businesses and employers have to address larger issues in society (hunger, environmental issues, social injustice, etc.)?
- Can an investment in a particular community or society be beneficial to a business or corporation? Why or why not?