M2A1. BelBeck Production
Read the case in Belasen’s Corporate Communication (2008), pp. 246-248 and answer 8 questions on p. 248 (clue. Review chapter 11 carefully for ideas and insights). Use charts to illustrate your points. Make sure to demonstrate your understanding of the topics covered in this module by using concepts and models from the assigned and/or additional readings. Be sure to properly cite your sources.
Some points to keep in mind:
- A case study is a description of a real business situation.
- The case study(s) chosen was/were selected because it/they illustrate critical concepts covered in the course.
- Analyzing case studies gives you the opportunity to apply those concepts to real business problems. Make sure you perform an analysis (avoid merely describing).
- Cases are generally written for several types of analysis. Therefore there is usually not a “right” or “wrong” answer. Rather, cases provide a vehicle for you to demonstrate your understanding and ability to apply course concepts.
- You must use appropriate sources (properly cited) to support your position.
- Check your analysis by assessing how well it demonstrates your leadership and organizational behavior relevant knowledge.
Rubric for evaluating your answers:
1. Communication with management team? Message orientation?
2. Key stakeholders and sources of power
3. BelBeck’s predominant culture type, characteristics & communication
4. Organizational issues
5. BelBeck’s organizational structure
6. Reconfiguring the structure
7.Communication plan for monitoring the success of the reorganization
8.Success of the communication plan for stakeholders
9. Writing style (how well the paper is written and structured; proper documentation of sources used; reference list)