For this option, you will submit a detailed two-page outline (IN OUTLINE FORMAT, NOT IN ESSAY FORMAT) of the final paper for your chosen public health issue and community action plan. This is helpful as it will allow your instructor to give you specific feedback as you bring your ideas for your final Portfolio Project together.
For the detailed outline:
- In the introduction, briefly describe the public health issue and the community you will use for your Portfolio. Include the community’s history and be sure to cite supporting sources.
- Include the following sections for your selected issue:
- In the Symptoms section, describe the public health issue that you have observed in your community. What “symptoms” does it exhibit? Think about whom it affects, where it affects them, and how (Refer back to Module 5, CT 1).
- In the Diagnosis section, discuss the causes of the issue and give examples of other communities that have suffered the same problem. How did those communities solve or attempt to address the issue?
- In the Cure section, discuss possible options for a cure for this public health issue. How can you eradicate it or reduce its occurrence in your community?
- In the Prevention section, discuss possible options for prevention of the public health issue that you have selected. How can you reduce the chance of people being impacted by your issue in the future?
3. The detailed outline should be approximately two pages in length, in outline format not in paragraph format.