straightforward research questions, and evaluated those questions with insightful and innovative methodology. What do you think of the methods in this week’s reading?
Patton et al. (2019) discusses some implications of their study for violence prevention, how might that information be used by “social workers and community-based orgs” as the authors suggest? Although the authors do not mention it, how might that information be used by police and prosecutors?
Finally, what do you think of the ethical concerns the authors discuss? Are there any benefits and/or problems you think might be an issue with doing this type of research?
PLEASE READ ARTICLE PROVIDED IN LINK
ONE PARAGRAPH EACH QUESTION
PLEASE NO PLAGIARIZING
For this assignment, you will be presented with five issues. Please respond to all five issues in one cohesive essay. Please include a brief introduction and use Level I headings to differentiate between the five issues.
- You were introduced to philosopher Jeremy Bentham and his idea of utilitarianism in this unit’s readings. Analyze his ideas that a nation should do whatever is necessary to lead to the greatest possible happiness for the largest possible number of people in society and that man was a “calculating animal” who would balance pain and suffering versus gain when deciding to commit a criminal act. Do you agree with this? Argue your point using research to support your answer.
- Based on the pure communist social model, how does capitalism lead to crime? Analyze and argue both sides of this issue.
- Analyze whether developmental disabilities are a cause of criminal behavior. Take a stance on this issue and argue your point using research as support.
- Describe, in your opinion, how a criminal personality is developed. No sources are required for this section.
- Assume class division in society causes crime. What is a viable alternative to this system? Analyze and argue both sides of your proposed solution. In your answer, you should identify five major theoretical approaches of identifying criminal causes of behavior and describe which of these would support your proposed solution.
Your essay must be a minimum of two pages, and it should be formatted in APA style. At least three academic resources must be used. Any information from these sources should be cited and referenced in APA format. You only need one reference page for all sections; include the references for all sections on that page. The Criminal Justice Database is an excellent source for material on these issues.
Answer the following questions in 500 words for each question. There are 2 questions.
Discuss the three leadership positions (supervisors, managers, and administrators) in criminal justice agencies. Include specific examples of each leadership position’s roles and responsibilities in your answer. If you had to choose, which position would you like to ultimately hold? Explain your rationale.
Your answer must be at least 500 words in length.
Explain the criminal justice model. Outline the model by identifying factors that may influence the various paths that an individual may take through the criminal justice system once an arrest is made. Why do you think the basic model, which was created in 1967, is still used today? Do you believe it can or should be improved upon? Explain your rationale.
Your answer must be at least 500 words in length.
Refer back to the two reading assignments for this unit. Then, write an essay that addresses the areas listed below.
- Read “Should Cross Burnings be Protected as a Form of Free Speech?”, and address the elements listed below.
- Summarize the decision of the U.S. Supreme Court in both of the cases that are excerpted in the handout. In a few words, explain why the court in R.A.V. v. City of St. Paul overturned the decision of the Minnesota Supreme Court. Explain why the court upheld the Virginia statute in Virginia v. Black.
- In Virginia v. Black, what did the court mean when it held that “just as any state may regulate only that obscenity which is the most obscene due to its prurient content, so too may a state choose to prohibit only those forms of intimidation that are most likely to inspire fear of bodily harm”?
- Read “Does the Sending of Obscene Material Over the Internet Constitute the Transportation of Obscene Material in Interstate Commerce?”, and address the questions below.
- Do you agree that the statute in question applies to computer-generated and computer-transmitted information?
- Should the government be required to present expert witnesses to establish that the material in question is obscene? Is this a question that a jury can decide on its own? How are jury members aware of “community standards”?
- If the community standards are different in Milpitas, California, from those of Memphis, Tennessee, why should the defendants be held accountable for the standards in Memphis and not those in the location where the material was transmitted?
- Are you satisfied with the test for obscenity? In what manner, if any, would you change the standard?
Your essay will be a minimum of two pages in length, not counting the title and reference pages. Your essay should contain a clear introduction and be well-organized.
You are required to use at least two resources to support your essay, one of which may be your textbook. All resources used including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying citations. Your essay, including all references, will be formatted in APA style.
In assignment 5, you wrote observations on a particular environment you placed yourself in. Now it is time to demonstrate your ability to write an effective conclusion. Express themes, patterns, and descriptions; what to use as supporting evidence; and which interviewee words to include and which to leave out (if applicable). Decide on the logical order for the combined report, and discuss further implications for future research.
· Student will write a 5-7 double-spaced page paper
· Citations from a minimum of 10 scholarly sources
· Citations from any of the required reading/presentations from the assigned module
· APA format