Some of the many characteristics of a Critical Thinker is someone who:
- is inquisitive with regard to a wide range of issues,
- has a concern to become and remain well-informed,
- has self-confidence in one’s own abilities to reason,
- is open-minded regarding world views,
- is flexible in considering alternatives and opinions,
- has an understanding of the opinions of other people,
- is fair-minded, honest in facing one’s own biases, prejudices, stereotypes, or egocentric tendencies,
- can suspend making or altering judgments,
- has a willingness to reconsider and revise views where honest reflection suggests that change is warranted .
With that being said…
Use: Times New Roman, 12 Font, Double Spaced, and Develop a Standard Essay by Critically Thinking through Your response to the following:
In your class text, (From Critical Thinking to Argument) READ in its entirety pages 397- 408 Chapter 10: A Psychologist’s View: Rogerian Argument. Upon completion, On pages 407- 408, Topics for Critical Thinking and Writing, RESPOND TO QUESTIONS #1 AND #2 in Complete Paragraphs.
Your responses SHOULD BE Not less THAN 1 page but NO More Than 2 pages for each question. *One paragraph responses will not be graded and will earn a grade of (= 0 ).
Responses should be written in YOUR OWN WORDS demonstrating comprehensively clear, concise, indepth complete thoughts and understanding. *If you “use someone’s information” be sure to “credit/cite” the source … failure to do so constitutes ( plagiarism ) and = ( 0 ) for the assignment.
Present your Argument in the following format : (not done as instructed = (- 25 points )
Title: Text- Chapter 10 Rogerian Argument pgs 397 – 408.
(Q) uestion …
(R ) esponse …
(Q ) uestion …
(R) esponse …
*** Be attentive to instructions and detail …
** Keep in mind the Critical Standards of a critical thinker we discussed: clarity, accuracy, precision, relevance, depth, breadth (is there another way to look at this question), logical, significance, fairness.