Your initial discussion thread is due on Day 3 (Thursday) and you have until Day 7 (Monday) to respond to your classmates. Your grade will reflect both the quality of your initial post and the depth of your responses. Refer to the Discussion Forum Grading Rubric under the Settings icon above for guidance on how your discussion will be evaluated.
Contemporary Trends in Health Care [WLO: 1] [CLOs:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6]
Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum, read the following articles:
- What’s Next for Retail Health Care? The Trend That Disrupted Healthcare Consumerism a Decade Ago Continues to Evolve
- Health Care Market Concentration Trends in The United States: Evidence and Policy Responses
- The New Health Care Merger Wave: Does the “Vertical, Good” Maxim Apply?
- Industry Trends: Key Trends in Healthcare for 2020 and Beyond
Choose two contemporary trends in the following area(s):
- Acquisitions and mergers,
- health care finance,
- health care law and ethics,
- health policy and regulation,
- hospital administration,
- long-term care,
- opioid epidemics,
- payors, or stakeholders,
- population health,
- practice management,
- quality management, or
- other trend approved by your instructor.
In your initial post,
- Describe your two selected contemporary health care trends in the past 6 months to 1 year in detail.
- Summarize the importance of your selected trends and possible impacts on a health care organization of your choice.
- Assess the advantages and disadvantages of a health care organization that rides on these trends.
- Support your response with a minimum of two scholarly sources that were published in the last 5 years. Be sure to cite your references using proper APA Style (see APA: Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) for assistance).