- For this project, you will create a proposal to migrate a critical business function to the cloud at an organization you are familiar with or can easily research.
Select an organization that you can research that has an on-premises business function that you believe will benefit from a migration to cloud computing. This paper must be entirely original content and checked with grammarly.com before submitting. The paper should include the following sections. Each must be called out with a heading.
- Company Overview: The section should include the company name, the industry they are in, and a general overview of the organization.
- The On-Premises Function. Discuss the current application or functional domain that you are proposing for a move to the cloud. For example, an inventory management system or the organization’s email platform. Why will this benefit from cloud migration?
- The Proposed Cloud Solution: Describe your proposal for moving the function to the cloud. Be specific and detailed. Would you use SaaS, PaaS, or IaaS services? Which service provider would you use? What timeline do you propose? Include as much detail as possible. This portion should be 1-2 pages.
- Conclusion: Summarize the most important ideas from the paper and make recommendations on how they might achieve even greater success.
- This paper should not be a cursory overview. This class has a technical focus and should focus on the proposal of the technical solution. It should detail what is being moved to the cloud, what cloud services will be used, and what the predicted benefits are. It is a persuasive paper trying to convince the organizational leadership to approve a project to move a function to the cloud, not an analysis of an organization that has already done so.
Do not write about Amazon, Azure, Google, Apple, IBM, or other cloud providers. You may not use Netflix, Xerox, Fitbit as a topic organization for this paper.
The paper must adhere to APA guidelines, including Title and Reference pages.
You must list at least three scholarly sources listed on the reference page. They must apply to your paper.
You must have at least four headings listed above
You must cite each source in the body of the paper to give credit where due.
Per APA, the paper should use a 12-point Time New Roman font, double spaced throughout, and you must indent the first sentence of each paragraph .5 inches.
The body of the paper should be 4 – 5 pages in length.
The Title and Reference pages do not count towards the page count requirements.
Check your work with grammarly.com before submitting it.