Define carbohydrates and outline the basic functions of sugars, starches and fiber in the body.
Create a 2-page pamphlet/brochure using the Microsoft® Publisher, Microsoft® PowerPoint®, Brochure Builder, or another brochure building tool. Save your final pamphlet/brochure in PDF format prior to submitting it. Your assignment must include the following details:
- A title.
- Define carbohydrates and outline the basic functions of sugars, starches and fiber in the body.
- Describe the differences between simple and complex carbohydrates, stating healthy carbohydrate sources.
- Describe how sugars are broken down and used in the body.
- Explain the difference between soluble and insoluble fibers, stating how the difference can be applied to food selection and consumption so as to improve health.
- Include Information on one of the following disorders related to carbohydrates: lactose intolerance, diabetes, or hypoglycemia.
Include a definition, how it affects the body, and some courses of action used to treat and manage the disorder.
Include a reference with citations in APA format.
Include clip art and a background image.
Be prepared to present and discuss your pamphlet in class.
The Grading Guide for Carbohydrate Pamphlet will be used for this assignment.
Submit PDF your assignment.