1- Design your one sample of the Advantages of Digital Technology and attach the named file. Note that a sample is located in the attachment,
2- On another page post a five bullet summary of the lectures.
3- Use APA 7.
4- on another page answer two classmates separately more a 100words, In your response, do not just agree or disagree, one paragraph for each answer (peer 1, peer 2).
Week 6 Lecture Summary Teaching with Multimedia and Hypermedia
Anabel Caraza Cruz
- Multimedia and hypermedia differ in different aspects. The multimedia is a multiple media. It is a combination of media to communicate in multiple ways (still graphics, photos, sound, video, animation, text). The hypermedia is a linked media. It is and interactive media (hypertext, Internet browsers, new media).
- Types of hypermedia systems are commercial hypermedia software and authoring tools (design & development). Within the latter are included presentation software, video production and editing systems, hypermedia design & development software, virtual reality environments, and Web 2.0.
- Current and future impact of hypermedia on education included increased motivation, flexible learning modes, develops creative & critical thinking skills, and improved writing and process skills.
- The design and development procedures follow a sequence of six steps: review existing products, perform research first, storyboard, develop individual frames and segments, add links and/or scripts, and test and revise the product.
- Student-developed hypermedia/multimedia projects are evaluated taking into account content, instructional design, organization and navigation, appearance, graphics, videos, and sound.
Teaching with Multimedia and Hypermedia:
- Multimedia is a combination of media to communicate, such as photos, graphics, videos, sound, animation. Hypermedia is linked media and interactive media, such as hypertext, browsers. Two type of Hypermedia Systems are commercial software and authoring tools (design and development).
- Impact of hypermedia in education: it is used to increase motivation, to present flexible learning models, to develop creative and critical thinking skills, and improve writing and process skills.
- Benefits of the use of Hypermedia: greater comprehension of a problem, more creative solutions, and multiple channels to process information.
- Authoring resources (design and development) Audio, Video, Photographs, Graphic images, and Text. Important skills to develop over time: media literacy, using music and art, graphic design and video principles, creativity, and novel thinking, and considering the audience.
- How to evaluate student hypermedia projects: Look at content, instructional design, organization and navigation, appearance, and used of graphics, videos, and sound.
- Integration Strategies for Web 2.0 Authoring Tools assists student to share reflections on topics, explore community general knowledge, encourage students to share and reflect about their work and how it can be connected to a broad community. Also, connect students with interactive learning spaces 24 hours. References:
Lecture 6 Power Points
Roblyer, M. D. and Hughes, Joan E. 2019. Integrating Educational Technology into Teaching:
Transforming Learning Across Disciples. Pearson. 8th Ed. Kindle Version.