For your Research Paper, you will select a well-known company in the aviation community to examine its organizational environment and behavior. Each week, you will apply what you have learned in the Module of study to the company you selected in Module 5 and discuss how the company has accomplished the concept. This will be an ongoing process until you finalize your paper to submit during Module 9.
The paper will include an introduction of the company and discuss the company’s leadership, communication networks, decision making, negotiations process, organizational change, power, politics, organizational culture and innovation, goals and structure, strategy, technology, and organizational design.
The Research Paper Rubric attached to Activity 9.6 will be used to grade your final submission.
- Describe your company’s collaborative work environment, specifically discussing collaboration techniques, the interaction between leaders and followers, and supportive communication.
- Research your selected company’s business environment, using the company’s website or periodicals such as Fortune magazine or The Wall Street Journal.
- Explain the company’s decision-making environment, risk management, and how the organization resolves conflict through the strategic negotiation process.
- Ensure you include this discussion in your paper. In Modules 6 through 8, you will be assigned a topic to research on your selected company.
Refer to this Research Paper (PDF) document for detailed research paper instructions.
The following are required components of your research paper:
- The body of the paper will consist of approximately 10-12 pages
- Times New Roman, 12-point font,
- APA format.
Use the following outline for your paper:
- Title Page
- Table of Contents
- Introduction or Background of Company
- Brief Discussion on the Contents of the Paper
- Body of the Paper Discussing Each Week’s Topic (Questions listed in Modules 5-9 only)
- Summary / Conclusion
Again, nothing will be due on your Research Paper until the paper is submitted during Module 9.