- Weight: 11% of course grade
- Grading Rubric
In this unit, you will complete a research report. A research report is an opportunity for you to practice and improve your research and writing skills, and it allows you to review the information that we have covered during the course.
We have covered many different topics regarding intercultural management throughout this course. Alpia Corporation is a fictitious U.S.-based company located in Indianapolis, Indiana, that manufacturers teak furniture. Currently, all of Alpia’s workforce is located in the United States at its Indiana plant. Management has recently made the decision to open another plant in Central America. You have been hired as a consultant to help Alpia evaluate their decision to become a multinational organization. The management team at Alpia is especially concerned about intercultural communication issues should they move forward with their plan. In a well-developed and supported research report, discuss the following as it pertains to Alpia.
In your discussion of your topics, be sure to address the following issues:
- Analyze various approaches to managing diversity in the workplace, evaluating the advantages and challenges of each.
- Examine diversity experiences and relationships with respect to differences such as gender, race, and nationality as it pertains to the U.S. and Central American workplace.
- Explain what Alpia will need to consider in regards to global thinking in a multicultural business environment.
- Contrast business practices from the United States and Central American cultures.
- Explain communication strategies that could be used by leaders at Alpia to motivate multinational teams.
Your research report must be at least three pages in length, not including the title and reference pages. You are required to use at least four outside sources, two of which must come from the CSU Online Library. Your sources must have been published within the last six years. All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying APA citations.