Reflect on the assigned readings for the week. Identify what you thought was the most important concept(s), method(s), term(s), and/or any other thing that you felt was worthy of your understanding.
Also, provide a graduate-level response to each of the following questions:
- Commercial buildings and industrial facilities account for a major share of a company’s environmental impact. Identify one business that has implemented green building standards and describe the advantages they have gained from their efforts.
- Describe the ethical challenges regarding one of the following scientific breakthroughs: genetically modified foods, human genome or stem cell research. Do the potential benefits of this breakthrough outweigh the potential costs?
- Discuss some of the interventions that different governments have taken to control information technology in their nations. How have these steps affected individual privacy rights as well as public security?
[Your post should be based upon the assigned reading for the week, so the textbook should be a source listed in your reference section and cited within the body of the text. Other sources are not required but feel free to use them if they aid in your discussion].
[Your post should be at least 500+ words and in APA format (including Times New Roman with font size 12 and double spaced). Post the actual body of your paper in the discussion thread then attach a Word version of the paper for APA review]
[Your posting should be completed by Thursday at 11:59 p.m. EST.]
Chapter 10: Managing for Sustainability
- Knowing the main features of environmental laws in the United States and other nations.
- Understanding the advantages and disadvantages of different regulatory approaches.
- Assessing the costs and benefits of environmental regulation.
- Defining an ecologically sustainable organization and the stages through which firms progress as they become more sustainable.
- Understanding how businesses can best manage for sustainability.
- Analyzing how effective sustainability management makes firms more competitive and improves their financial performance.
Chapter 11: The Role of Technology
- Defining technology and its characteristics.
- Recognizing how technology has evolved throughout history.
- Analyzing and assessing how technology impacts individuals in society.
- Understanding the potential for unwanted threats arising from individuals’ use of the Internet and other social media platforms.
- Examining inequalities in public access to technology.
- Assessing the ethical challenges posed by new technologies.
- Identifying how some governments act to control or censor the use of technology by its citizens.
- Evaluating the benefits and risks of recent breakthroughs in science and medicine.
Chapter 12: Regulating and Managing Information Technology
- Identifying the various interventions undertaken by governments to regulate technology.
- Exploring how business accesses stakeholders’ personal information and understanding possible limits to this access.
- Understanding the increasing role of e-business in the global marketplace.
- Examining challenges businesses face in managing and adopting new technologies, such as the use of robotics and artificial intelligence, in business operations.
- Assessing the emerging role and responsibilities of the organization’s chief information officer and other organizational functions that are responsible to ensure information security and privacy.
- Understanding the threat of cybercrime, and the magnitude of the costs and possible causes of cybercrime.
- Understanding business responses and government efforts to combat cybercrime.