Scenario: You are a member of the Scottsdale Police Department’s team of strategy leaders and your role is to develop a strategy for measuring the outcomes of the strategic plan.
Write a 525-word (minimum) APA-style outline (not a narrative paper) in which you summarize a strategy for measuring the outcomes of the Scottsdale Police Department’s strategic plan. This assignment is based on the strategic plan itself and a majority of the information you provide should reflect information in the plan. The outline should follow each step of the assignment in order. Headings for outline sections should be the same as the objectives given in the assignment. For example: if the objective says, “Stages of plan implementation,” the outline heading for that section should say the same thing.
Include the following in your outline:
- Introduction – (no more than two or three sentences)
- Stages of plan implementation (a series of steps; what happens first, second, third, etc.) as described in the Scottsdale PD Strategic Plan. This should be a rank-ordered list.
- Overview of stakeholders involved in the process (make sure you identify both internal and external stakeholders and how each group contributes to the planning process)
- Multiple examples for measurements of outcomes (what you will measure, how you will measure, and how you analyze the data). Identify your measurement tools; don’t just say you will use UCR data.
- Rationale and justifications for measuring outcomes (why you chose to measure what you did)
- Explanation of a gap analysis and how it relates to the planning process. This is simply an overview explanation and not an examination of a gap analysis in the Scottsdale Police Department or any other specific agency.
- Conclusion – (no more than two or three sentences)
Do not simply copy and paste information from previous papers. This assignment should explain how you will go about measuring outcomes and what measures (tools) you will use to assess the effectiveness of the plan. Some information may overlap (such as the identification of stakeholders), but there should be new information that addresses the specific elements of this assignment.
Provide at least two scholarly sources no older than 10 years that contributed to the creation of your outline.