This week we learned more about learned about control systems. We also learned about organizational structure and how a company’s structure is critical to its success.
In our paper this week, we will analyze an entire company rather than a single manager as in the past two weeks. You are to incorporate your learning from the first three weeks as this is a comprehensive paper. Be sure to refer to the key relevant academic concepts from your assigned readings to support/defend your position. Research can also be supplemented from (but not solely based on) other information from academically credible resources.
Research an organization of your choice. This can be one you currently work for or have worked for in the past. This can also be another organization such as a local organization whose leaders would be willing to be interviewed or an organization you research online.
Address the following:
- Summarize the types of organizational structures and their characteristics managers might consider when assessing how to structure design an organization
- Assess which organizational structure the organization you chose uses based on the assigned reading and a review of the company’s information including an organizational chart. Include a copy of the organizational chart with proper source credit.
- Summarize the types of controls important to effective organizational management based on assigned reading.
- Explain two control/management systems used in the organization you chose based on academic principles and theory from assigned reading.
- Analyze the effectiveness of the control/management systems in your organization in terms of whether the organization is achieving its purpose based on academic principles and theory from assigned reading.
- Propose how the organization’s structure, culture, management systems, and decision-making processes relate to one another.
- Present your analysis as a 4-6-page report in a Microsoft Word document formatted in APA style.
- Support your responses with examples and research. Cite any sources in APA format.
- Name your document MGT2037_W3_LastName_FirstInitial.doc
- Submit your document to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.