Using Surveillance to Address a Practice Problem
Data mining is an important component of any population health outcome analysis. Select one of the following information hubs to address a health-related topic of your choice: CDC Surveillance Resource
Center and Interactive Database Systems, (https://www.who.int/.) World Health Organization (WHO) (Links to an external site.) or Our World in Data (https://ourworldindata.org/.). Analyze the data presented at the national and state levels to address the following.
- Identify the information hub and topic selected(* substance abuse). Provide a brief summary of the practice problem.
- Compare and contrast national( USA) and state(Florida) levels of data. Use the state of your residence(* Florida) as a basis for the comparison.
- Describe how data from florida compare to data from other states.
- Identify one national organization or intervention related to your selected topic(*substance abuse) that is addressing the burden of this disease. Describe the impact of the organization or intervention to improve outcomes.
- Share your professional experience related to the topic.
Use an APA 7 style and a minimum of 250 words. Provide support from a minimum of at least three (3) scholarly sources. The scholarly source needs to be: 1) evidence-based, 2) scholarly in nature, 3) Sources should be no more than five years old (published within the last 5 years), and 4) an in-text citation. citations and references are included when information is summarized/synthesized and/or direct quotes are used, in which APA style standards apply.
• Textbooks are not considered scholarly sources.
• Wikipedia, Wikis, .com website or blogs should not be used.