Part 1: MBA Program Executive Summary
- Review the broad range of topics that you have examined and what you have learned throughout the MBA Program.
- Select concepts or topics that resonated with you the most during your program. What can you do now to integrate the experiences and insights you’ve had in the MBA program with your personal and professional development goals?
- Write an Executive Summary that spans the entire range of topics within your MBA program and addresses the following questions:
- Which content, conceptual ideas, frameworks, tools, and assignments in your MBA improved your understanding and skills in ways that will enable you to achieve your professional goals? *Add references to this question
- What impact has your improved understanding had, or what impact do you anticipate your understanding will have, on the value you will bring to your role within an organization and the world at large, particularly with respect to being an agent for positive change? *I’ve answered most of this question
- How have the content and assignments changed the way you think of your role within the organization and the way you will practice your profession?
Your “MBA Program Executive Summary” should be approximately 700 words (+/- 50 words).
Part 2: Reflection Journal: Action Plan
Recall the concepts or topics you selected as part of your Executive Summary in Part 1. It is now time to bring this commitment to life. To do this, identify concrete action items that will support your goal to deepen your personal learning experience in the coming year.
Then, consider the following:
- What can you do now to integrate the experiences and insights you had in the MBA program with your personal and professional development goals?
- What are the most important things you are taking from your MBA program that will shape your future and enable you to make a positive difference?
- With these thoughts in mind, write a detailed action plan for one new, and ambitious, goal for professional and personal development (you will continue to build on the list of goals you started in your previous competencies). Include the following in your action plan:
- A brief reflection of your self-assessment based on your experience completing the MBA Program Assessment.
- Your specific goal for professional and personal development with an explanation as to why you selected the goal. Be sure to provide concrete and specific examples of why the goal is important, the personal or professional value you expect from achieving the goal, and how the goal relates to your MBA experience.
- At least two objectives for the goal you have identified. Provide a rationale that explains how your objectives support the goal.
Your reflection and action plan should be approximately 500–700 words.