400 words per question
1. The chief information officer (CIO) of CTU (Colorado Tech University) Health Care wants you, the manager of the information systems department, to ensure that the employees within your department are aware of the challenges facing the department since the implementation of the electronic health record (EHR). Discuss the following:
· Discuss 5 major challenges that are currently facing the department.
· Discuss the impact of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) on these challenges.
2. As the manager of the CTU Health Care information systems department, complete the following:
· Define health information governance.
· Discuss the major components of health information governance and its importance on health care organization information systems.
· Discuss the importance of communication and information governance.
3. As the manager of the CTU Health Care information systems department, you recognize that change management is critical to the success of the implementation of the electronic health record (EHR) or electronic medical record (EMR). You also recognize that change management requires cultivating and managing realistic expectations of all of the departments involved.
For this assignment, you must explain how you would guide the change process among team members and departments. Consider the following questions:
· Who are the stakeholders?
· Who are the users?
· How will you handle resisters to change?
· How will you achieve buy-in for the change process?
· How will you address low computer literacy levels among physicians and employees?
4. CTU Health Care Systems has five clinics that serve nearly 2 million residents in a large metropolitan area and treat over 500,000 patients annually. Now that you have successfully implemented the electronic health record (EHR) at the main facility, it is time to integrate the clinic’s information technology (IT) with the main hospital’s EHR. In preparation for the implementation of an EHR system for the five clinics, the health care system implemented an electronic document (ED) and content management (CM) system to handle the imaging, indexing, and storage of selected hard copy documents from active patient paper medical records so that in the future, to support continuity of care needs, key documents would be retrievable through the EHR system. However, the health care system lacked the level of internal IT and health information services staff resources required to manage the implementation of hardware and software to handle the actual paper conversion process, so these aspects of the project were outsourced.
Discuss the following:
· As the health care system prepares to select an outsource company as its vendor for this project, what types of information should you gather from each vendor under consideration?
· What are the potential benefits that a health care system could gain from implementing a document imaging and management project prior to implementing an EHR system?
Note: Use APA style and cite at least 2 scholarly references published within the last 5 years