Please respond to all three components A, B, and C
Standardized Healthcare Terminology Used in the Electronic Health Record (EHR)
Patient-centered care requires treating patients in a variety of settings across the entire healthcare continuum and therefore, necessitates the ability to communicate and share the most accurate and up-to-date-information among a multitude of providers and settings. Information has evolved from paper-based to computerized records. The introduction of computerized information systems has increased the need for structured and controlled vocabularies that can be used to represent care in the electronic health record (EHR).
- Explain standardized healthcare terminology and its importance to nursing.
- Describe the American Nurses Association (ANA) criteria established for recognizing standardized languages used in electronic documentation in the electronic health record (EHR) that support nursing practice and how these nursing languages support the nursing process.
- Identify two of the ANA-recognized languages you implement in your nursing practice in the electronic health record (EHR).
- Discuss how they support high quality patient care and facilitate the implementation of evidence-based practice and decision-support rules. If you are not currently using computerized health information systems, identify two of the standardized nursing terminologies you feel best support high quality patient care and facilitate the use of evidence-based practice and decision-support rules.
- Explain why standardized terminologies are essential for the successful development and implementation of the electronic health record (EHR). Discuss how standardized terminologies correlate to and support the Meaningful Use criteria for electronic health records (EHRs).
All components are required to be answered as a comprehensive initial post. Do not separate your responses and respond to each question individually. Please write the topic in the Subject line.