Williams reading and constructs from Bourdieu’s theory of structure and agency.
In this reaction paper, you should focus on the Williams reading and constructs from Bourdieu’s theory of structure and agency.
The reaction paper is a documentation of your first reaction(s) to the content of these assigned readings, and how the content “fits” with your own life experiences and beliefs. From the Williams READING in this module, select ONE or TWO constructs from Bourdieu’s theory and:
- – Discuss how these constructs/concepts have increased/enhanced your understanding of a specific health behavior.
- – Analyze the reciprocal relationship between social caste and the specific health behavior (from #1). For example, how does one’s social caste affect risk behavior, and how does risk behavior relate to social caste placement?
- – Identify and briefly describe a Public Health intervention that has been used to change your selected health behavior at one of four different levels of intervention:
- =Micro (individual level)
- =Community (local level)
- =Macro (state or federal level)
— This paper should not exceed three, double-spaced typewritten pages (12 point font), not including references. Your paper will be evaluated based on the extent to which you address each of the three items above.