Answering Behavioral Questions
There are many different types of job interviews. Interviews can vary by style, types of questions, and other factors. Many interviewers use behavioral interview questions to evaluate how you might contribute to the company’s culture as well as its success.
Choose one of the following behavioral interview questions and respond to it as you would during an interview:
- Tell me about a time when you had to work with others. What was the situation and how did you respond?
- Describe a time when you had to deal with others? Describe the scenario and how you handled the situation.
- Tell me about a time when you made a mistake. What was the situation and how did you respond?
In your response, include the following:
- A detailed description of your response to the question asked in your selected situation/scenario.
- A comprehensive list of the approaches you have or would use to respond to the questions asked in your situation/scenario.
In addition, describe the “selling points” you are trying to make in your response to the chosen question.
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.