On completion of this essay you would be able to
1.Demonstrate an understanding of anatomy and physiology and its application to health and health care
2.Discuss the meaning of health and well-being from a range of perspectives including relevant biological, psychological and sociological ones
- Outline and explain the ways in which health promotion can contribute to the improved health and well being of individuals, groups and the population as a whole
4.Discuss the interaction between physical and psychological health and wellbeing and the impact life experiences may have on both
What am I required to do in this assignment?
- You are required to submit an academic essay focusing upon a patient whose care you have been involved in during placement 1a.
- You need to briefly demonstrate an understanding of the person’s condition and link it to the underlying anatomy and physiology
- You need to demonstrate an understanding of interplay of biopsychosocial factors in illness causation (be specific) and discuss the meaning of health and well-being from individual perspective
- You will explore effects of illness on the individual and the family. You should elaborate on illness experience using a key theory such as Erickson’s psychosocial stages of life/psychosocial crisis/ Kubler Ross model of grief
- You will also need to discuss the influence of health beliefs on health seeking behaviour of the individual
- You will discuss the role of nurse in supporting health and well being of the individual, family and society.
Is there a size limit?
- You may exceed the word allowance by 10% without penalty. .
- You should state the word count at the end of the assignment after the conclusion
What do I need to do to pass? (Threshold Expectations from UIF)
Transferred from old UIF so no threshold standards.
How do I produce high quality work that merits a good grade?
- Keep patient as the centre of the essay
- Maintain anonymity in relation to the service users and providers. Use pseudonym for the client and use role title (eg: staff nurse), and broad details (e.g.: medical ward) if needed. Do not name any individuals, wards, units, clinics or hospitals etc.
- Support your discussion with a wide range of literature which is both current and relevant
- Use quality referencing and correctly use the Harvard style
- Write your essay in third person
How does this assignment relate to what we are doing in scheduled sessions?
All elements of this assignment will be covered in the unit sessions prior to the submission date.
How will my assignment be marked?
Your assignment will be marked according to the threshold expectations and the criteria on the following page.
You can use them to evaluate your own work and estimate your grade before you submit.