The HR process of selecting employees is continuing to evolve as employers consider a variety of strategic, economic, legal, and professional conditions that are constantly changing. Interviewing is a skill that must be developed through training and experience. One of the strategies HR teams are utilizing as part of their hiring and interviewing strategy is through assessments.
Complete the following tests:
‘Big Five’ personality test – https://www.truity.com/test/big-five-personality-test
Emotional Intelligence test – https://www.arealme.com/eq/en/
Evaluate your test results and then discuss:
- what are the ethical and/or legal considerations for these type of tests?
- do you believe your test results would depict you correctly?
- what is the best interview question you either ask during an interview or have been asked during an interview? Explain.
- what is the worst interview question you have asked during an interview or have been asked during an interview? Explain.
- what questions should be avoided during an interview and what listening responses should be avoided as well? Explain.
Discussion Board Directions:
- You will not be able to view your classmate’s posts until you post.
- Your initial post should be 4-5 paragraphs in length.
- Include one peer reviewed journal article to support your post.
- Your initial post is due by Thursday. This allows you and your classmates time to read and reply.
- Your initial post should be 2-3 paragraphs in length.
- Make sure to demonstrate critical thinking and analysis by using research and personal work experiences.
- For full credit, you are required to respond to a minimum of two classmates. Please begin your reply by addressing the student by name. Your responses must be completed by Sunday at midnight.
- Please refer to the rubric for the grading requirements. You can view the rubric by clicking on the wheel in the upper right corner and selecting “show rubric.”