Assume the role of seasoned administrator and prepare a PowerPoint presentation for a group of first year administrator colleagues who do not yet have a strong background in school law. The presentation must provide the following:
- A basic overview of the history of American public school law
- The role of the federal government in establishing education laws
- An overview of The Bill of Rights and its amendments that pertain to education.
- A description of governance of public schools: the role of states, local boards of education, and administration
- Reference to at least one case from each of the four textbook chapters you read this week (If you wish to use examples, the two Internet resources accessed in the introduction will be a valuable resource (Pages 403-404 in the APA Manual contain instructions and examples regarding how to cite legislative policy).
Support your presentation with at least 3 scholarly resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources may be included.
Length: 12-15 slides (with a separate reference slide)
Notes Length: 50-100 words for each slide
Include citations for quotations and paraphrases with references in APA format and style where appropriate. Incorporate appropriate animations, transitions, and graphics as well as “speaker notes” for each slide. The speaker notes may be comprised of brief paragraphs or bulleted lists. Save the file as PPT with the correct course code information.
Your presentation should demonstrate thoughtful consideration of the ideas and concepts that are presented in the course and provide new thoughts and insights relating directly to this topic. Your paper should reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards. Be sure to adhere to Northcentral University’s Academic Integrity Policy.