1. Choose someone from the business or accounting world who you think is an authentic leader and explain why you believe that to be true.
2. Distinguish between authentic leadership, transformational leadership, and servant leadership. Are all necessary to change individuals and social systems within an organization?
4. Values-driven leadership, as envisioned in the Giving Voice to Values technique, poses the following question: Once I know what is right, how do I get it done and get it done effectively? Discuss how an authentic leader would go about addressing this question.
6. It might be said that an effective, ethical leader adheres to ‘situational’ ethics. Explain what this means. Do you agree?
11. Why do you think studies show that no single factor has a bigger impact on a firm’s culture’s ethicality than the personal examples of firm leaders?