During Module 4, your SLP assignment is to develop a strategy and PowerPoint Presentation (PPT) to prepare for your eventual proposal defense of your DSP.
Specifically, you are to prepare a 15-20 PPT slide presentation that outlines your proposed Chapters 1-3 of your DSP. For each section of the slide deck, essential information contained within each chapter should be within narrative form and provide all of the relevant information and data to support your DSP proposal.
(Make sure to use the DSP Presentation Template provided by your instructor in the Course News section.)
SLP Assignment Expectations
Length: The written component of this assignment should be 15-20 slides long without counting the reference slide.
Organization: Topics and chapter section slides should adhere to the DSP Presentation Template
Grammar and Spelling: While no points are deducted for minor errors, assignments are expected to adhere to standard guidelines of grammar, spelling, punctuation, and sentence syntax. Points may be deducted if grammar and spelling impact clarity. We encourage you to use tools such as grammarly.com and proofread your paper before submission.
As you complete your assignment, make sure you do the following:
- Stay focused on the precise DSP Presentation Template sections. Do not go off on tangents or devote a lot of space to summarizing general background materials.
- Use evidence from your literature review to justify your proposal.
- Cite at least 10-15 credible resources.
Your assignment will be graded using the following criteria:
- Assignment-driven Criteria: Student demonstrates mastery covering all key elements of the assignment
- Critical Thinking/Application to Professional Practice: Student demonstrates mastery in conceptualizing the problem, and analyzing information. Conclusions are logically presented and applied to professional practice in an exceptional manner.
- Business Writing and Quality of References: Student demonstrates mastery and proficiency in written communication and use of appropriate and relevant literature at the doctoral level.
- Citing Sources: Student demonstrates mastery in applying APA formatting standards to both in-text citations and the reference list.
- Professionalism and Timeliness: Assignments are submitted on time.