Financial Statement Case Assignments are a collection of individual assignments whose total point value equals 160.
Before starting, read the General Information and Instructions for the Financial Statement Case Assignments carefully.
Make sure you know how the fiscal year for Target Corporation is presented by watching this video.
Financial Statement Case 13-1
- Review the stockholders’ equity section of the balance sheet. Did Target have any preferred stock at January 30, 2021?
- Now examine the notes at the bottom of the balance sheet. Is Target authorized to issue preferred stock? If so, how much?
- How much of Target Corporation’s common stock was outstanding on January 30, 2021? How can you tell?
- Examine Target Corporation’s consolidated statements of cash flows. Did Target pay any cash dividends during the year ending January 30, 2021? If so, how much?
- Using the formula found in your textbook, show how Target Corporation computed basic earnings per share of $8.72 for fiscal year 2020. (Ignore diluted earnings per share.)